Wednesday, March 04, 2009

My Funny Fella

Carter is at such a fun age right now. He says so many funny things and I don't want to forget these cute things he says, so I thought I would come up with an ongoing list. My friend, April, who also blogs does this for her son and she calls them "Jacobisms" after her son's name, Jacob! Carterisms just doesn't sound as great, but if any of you have another idea I would love to hear it! Thanks for the great idea, April! Many of you won't find these as endearing as David and I do. I will keep that in mind. I will also keep in mind that you can't hear his cute little voice when he says these things, but those of you who know him, try to picture it!
1. Fick-Chil-A - He has called Chick-Fil-A this for as long as I can remember.
2. The brown is coming and wow, that's a big one, Mommy! I won't give any feedback on this one! Let's just say potty-training has been fun!
3. Mommy, you pretty and Daddy's handsome!
4. Mommy, let your pretty hair down!
5. I have blue eyes like Tilly! And Summer has brown eyes like Daddy!
6. Mommy, this is Ashley! Ashley is the special friend at school he talks about all the time that Mommy is not ready to talk about yet!
7. Don't cover my heart. He says this when I am zipping up his jacket and he doesn't want it zipped too high.
8. Handzitizer - his word for hand sanitizer.
9. Brush teeth - his word for toothpaste. I need some more brush teeth!
10. Indi-isible - his word for indivisible when saying the Pledge of Allegiance.
11. Dear God, thank you for this beautiful day! Wow.
12. Miss Giginia - how he says Miss Virginia the pre-school director at our school.
13. I hurt my body. He says this when he falls or hurts himself!
14. Sa Banana - Carter's word for Savannah. I was there last week with my third graders! David got a kick out him saying Mommy is in Sa Banana!
This is all I can think of for now. I am sure David will help me remember the ones I have forgotten.


This is how I found him in the bed tonight when I went in to check on him - with his jacket on!

I love this sweet smile!

2 comments:

Garretts said...

love the carter-isms. i love fick-chil-A too, Carter!

April said...

Whatever you call them, they are as sweet as can be! You're like me as long as we are getting them "jotted" down:)