Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy 100th day!

Today was the 100th day of this school year.  Wow!  The time is passing quickly.  Carter has been excited about this day for a while now.  Most schools that I've been involved in do something special to celebrate this big day.  I wonder how it all began?  


David and I took Carter and Summer out to lunch today, just the four of us.  What a strange feeling to have our other two little ones absent.  Tilly and Story were at MDO at our church.  On Tuesdays and Thursdays I have these two all to myself for a few hours, and they usually help me clean our house!  Today, we tackled and organized the playroom, no small feat!  They were so proud when it was over!


Carter got this cute crown at school today, and he has not taken it off up until he had to leave for Upward basketball practice with his rock star Coach!


My handsome fella on his 100th day of school.  

I have to share about this bag of treats just to reveal about the nature of his little heart.  Carter got 10 bags of goodies, each bag containing 10 of the type of treat.  He got gummi bears, marshmallows, pretzels, skittles, m&ms, coco puffs, goldfish, and a few other treats.  He shared every single bag with his sisters.  I wish I had taken pictures of this.  First, he and Summer shared a few goodies before our cleaning spree.  When the two little ones came home, he had them all sit at the table, and he shared every last bit of his treats with his sisters.  What a precious boy!  Thank you, Carter, for demonstrating to your sisters how to share!  We love your sweet, sweet heart, and we are so proud of you!

No comments: