Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Sweet Teas!

Since we first moved to Hattiesburg almost three years ago, I have been meaning to get the girls involved in a program in our town called Sweet Teas.  This is a group of  girls ages preK-6th grade who meet once a month, do fun activties and make a mark in our community through acts of love and service.  
This year, thanks to some help from a sweet friend, I finally remembered and got us signed up.  We went to our first event last Saturday and had the best time.  Originally, it was supposed to be at the Coca-Cola Company, but the weather caused us to have to move to the parking garage beside the hospital.  
The girls got to make bracelets and meet Mary Poppins.  
And even have their picture taken with her if they wanted! Tilly thought this was so cool! In February, Mary Poppins will be performed at the Saenger Theater in our town, and the Sweet Teas will get to attend a "Spoon Full of Sugar" tea with the cast of characters! So fun! 
Me with my girls proudly wearing our favorite team colors! 
Another neat thing the girls got to do was to learn a routine from the cheerleaders and flagline girls who were there.  Tilly was so precious to watch! 
I love this picture so much.  She had this big open mouth smile on her face the whole time, and her pretty little brown eyes just shone with excitement.  
So precious! 
And here are the Sweet Teas (well the ones who agreed to have their picture taken - you'll notice Story is missing!) for this school year.  We are excited to be a part of such a neat organization that makes an impact in our community! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, I am so glad that you found something that your girls enjoyed in Hattiesburg. It is a nice town!
I first heard about the Sweet Teas at Mistletoe Marketplace in Jackson, MS (while I was pregnant with my daughter) but haven't heard much since. I would love some information about them. I thought they had a website and that it was based around a group of books but I haven't been able to find anything. Thank you so much if you are able find anything for me.