Saturday, June 14, 2008

Trying this thing again

Well, after many years as you can see of trying to get this blog thing up and running, I think we may have succeeded! The purpose of our blog is for our family and friends to keep up with our rapidly growing lives! I love Saturdays with my family. We spent the morning eating breakfast together at the house and playing with Carter and Summer. After we all got dressed and ready (no small feat for a family of 4 and a heavily pregnant mommy!) we headed out to see what we could see! Apparently, I am starting this thing out right because I have been tagged by my sweet friend Mary Katherine. I am supposed to tell you 6 things about me that you may or may not know. So, here goes MK!

1. I love love love being a Mommy to Carter, Summer, and soon to be baby Tilly Brooke. I never knew I could love doing something so much. Being a Mommy is so hard and rewarding and nerve-wracking and exciting all at the same time! I love it!

2. I am so very much in love with David, my husband of soon to be 7 years! Wow, the time sure has flown. God has taken us on so many amazing paths and it has been the most fun experiencing life together. David is so much fun - there is never a dull moment at our house! I am so very proud of him and his accomplishments and the way he leads our family.

3. I teach at a private Christian school in Atlanta. I love my school. When I look back at how God brought me to this special place, I am still so very thankful! This will be my fourth year teaching here. Every year God reveals more to me about Himself through the people I work with everyday! I find that teaching helps me to be a better Mommy and vice versa.

4. I would like to take flying lessons one day. I just finished reading a book called "Twenty Wishes," so I have been thinking about what my twenty wishes would be and I definitely think I would love to learn to fly.

5. Reading is a passion of mine. I guess that is my escape at night when the children are in bed and David is watching boring shows on television like The O'Reilley Report and Hannity and Colmes - I don't even know if I spelled those correctly! I am currently reading books about how to potty train Carter. This is my summer project, but according to one book it can be done in a day! I will let you know how it goes when I am brave enough to try! I am also reading Parenting By The Book - a great book given to me by my school. A book I would recommend to all families is The Jesus Storybook Bible! I read this with my class this year at school and I look forward to reading it with Carter and Summer.

6. I have the sweetest friends in the whole world. I love keeping up with my friends from high school and college through facebook. It has been so wonderful, too, reconnecting with camp friends from Fuge and Tapawingo. I love my sweet friends from school - they spoil me and my family rotten! Recently, my sweet school friends took Carter, Summer, and Me to Build A Bear where we had a baby shower for Tilly! My girlfriends made "bears" for all 3 of my children - such a sweet outing!

I am new to this whole blog thing, so I don't have 6 friends on here to tag. I will tag Jenna, Casey, and Brooke because I know they all have blogs!

No comments: