Wednesday, September 09, 2009

09-09-09

Today was the first day of pre-school at The Heiskell School for Carter and Summer, the first day of school ever for our sweet Summer. Summer is a "Builder" this year and Miss Page (who also taught Carter last year) is her teacher. Carter is an "Explorer" this year and Miss Wendy is his teacher. I shared a praise in faculty devotions this morning for no accidents and no tears! The morning went unbelievably well, except for one freak out moment when I could not find Summer's name tag. We got everything ready the night before because we knew that was the only way to survive today. Our little people talked the WHOLE way to school and I mean the WHOLE way. Mostly we talked about why the sun was not awake yet and we were! It was cute! Carter kept assuring me that HE would take Summer to her classroom when we got to school. Anyway, Carter and Summer both went into the morning reading room without complaint and I could not have been more proud or amazed! My favorite part of the day was being in the gym for dismissal and waiting for my little ones to find me. Carter and Summer (accompanied by Miss Lisa) came through the back doors of the gym and there were squeals and tiny feet running until at last, they were in my arms! What a great day! Here are a couple of pictures of my pre-schoolers on their first day.




So proud of my pre-schoolers; so thankful for our school!

No comments: