Thursday, October 08, 2009

Sweet Moments with a Sweet Baby

I heart this picture of me with my baby girl! This was taken at Tilly's first birthday party by my sweet teaching partner, Erica! Being a mommy of three who are three and under, teaching third grade and being a pastor's wife, I sometimes feel like I miss out on doing life with the children. They are at such an impressionable age and they are changing every single day. David and I work hard to make the most of our family time and I am so thankful to be married to a man who is all about his family! We couldn't have a better daddy and husband! This week, I was blessed with two sweet, sweet moments with baby Tilly. I know, two in the same week! Carter, Summer, and I ride together to and from school everyday, so it seems I spend more time with them than my smallest one. The first one happened on Tuesday night. She is still taking a bottle at night, so I got her up to feed her a little before 8:00. She was so thirsty she drank it all up real quick like! Then, she turned to me, lovey in had, curled up in a ball in my chest and promptly went back to sleep! It was awesome! I did what any good Mommy would do - I rocked her, I kissed her, I loved on her until my arms started to hurt from her dead weight! What a sweet, sweet moment! The second one happened last night. David and I made the executive decision to keep Tilly home from church because she did not take a nap at her daycare yesterday (we are thankful for our new daycare, but it is not Miss Jeanne) and because life is better for all when Tilly goes to bed by 6:00 P.M. Tilly and I shared a meal of Popeye's chicken and let me tell you my little girl loves some chicken fried! She could not get enough! It is only fitting since we named her after our time in New Orleans and Popeye's originated there. After supper, we had the best time playing and laughing and kissing! Thank you, Lord, for these sweet moments with my children!

1 comment:

Garretts said...

Love this post! What precious moments to have committed to memory with sweet Tilly.