Sunday, September 09, 2012

Member's only.


Last Thursday night, our family was invited to attend an event at the Hattiesburg Zoo, hosted by the Hattiesburg Zoological Society for its members.  We love the Hattiesburg Zoo, and because it's close and convenient, we go there lots, as I'm sure you've noticed.  




Well, this event was extra special because throughout the zoo, many of the keepers were on hand with lots of animals for the children to feed and touch.  What a treat!  




The fab four were super brave, too!  We got to pet llamas, tarantulas, tortises, and snakes.  




Story even jumped right in and touched this hedgehog with super fast speed!  So fast I couldn't even snap a picture, ha!  




And look who came out of the water.  Most of the time on our visits, he's barely sticking his head out of the water.  




On the back forty, there were nice tables set up for supper.  




With pretty white table cloths and food provided by Outback!  That's David's favorite, so he was mightily impressed.  




After a delicious meal, we were treated to carousel rides.  




The big 3 especially were so excited.  




This little cutie just wanted her momma, so thankfully David was up for taking pictures of everyone.  It was SO hot, so Story and I were practically sticking to each other!




Love Summer's sweet face!




A picture of me with my little loves.  Story is telling me how sweaty I am, ha!  I'll just let you come up with your own captions for what the big 3 might be thinking ;)




After the ride on the carousel, we got to ride the train.  One of my favorite views from the train is our pretty church right next door!




Here's a better picture of all the pretty tables set up for dinner on the grounds.  




There was even a band playing music.  




Our sweet conductor for the evening was running back and forth between the train and the carousel.  




Our super fun night was topped off with cotton candy.  I think for the children that was the highlight of the night!  So thankful for my little family and for the memories we are making together.  


No comments: