Thursday, December 06, 2012

Northside Drive's best kept secret.

Most of you who know me well are aware that during our time in Atlanta, I taught at a small Christian School for 6 years and just loved it.  Our three youngest children, spent some time there, and I am so sad that Story did not have a chance to attend at least one year under the tutelage of Miss Page (the precious teacher to two-year olds, who taught our big 3) before we were called to move to Mississippi.  Some of my fondest memories of our time in Georgia involve this quaint school nestled on Northside Drive.  Most of my time at Heiskell was spent teaching third graders, and I truly loved it!  Third grade is such a fun, fun age.  The children are so eager to learn, and yet, they are still little enough that they love their teachers and schoolwork.  The Heiskell School released a video this week that I just had to share.  

It brought back a wave of emotions as I watched and listened and searched for little faces, who have grown up much too fast!  With tears rolling down my cheeks, I thought back to overnight field trips on SSI with my third graders, great performances, chapel services each Friday, baby showers (all four of them), Tuesday faculty meetings, recess, quick girly chats with fellow teachers, praying with the administrators, faculty devotions each morning, Miss Patterson's apple cider at the holidays, Mr. and Mrs. Heiskell's visits, hugs from children, Olympic Day, Fall Festivals, and so many other wonderful memories flooded my mind.  I have so many fond memories of my time at this sweet school on Northside Drive.
P.S. Atlanta friends, they are having an Open House this Friday.  There are two opportunities for you to check it out: 9-11 am and 10:30-12:30.  Both times include a campus tour and an information session.  I'm serious about this being the best kept secret on Northside Drive!

No comments: