Sunday, October 20, 2013

LoveLoud

This weekend our church family has been participating in a LoveLoud weekend, where we have been loving on others in our community.  
LoveLoud began last weekend with a special prayer and worship service to prepare our hearts for the ministry that would be done this week.  Missions is so very important to David and me, and I love that we are involving our children at such an early age.  
Friday night, David had a meeting, so the children and I headed over to the church for our portion of LoveLoud.  The children's ministry participated in LoveLoud by packing beans for Edward Street ministry, who provides food for people who go without.  
As soon as we arrived, we donned our plastic gloves and got straight to work! 
Miss Diane was our fearless leader, and she patiently helped all of my littles with their beans.  
I love that our ministry for the weekend was helping to provide food, such a basic need.  
I know I do, so my children definitely take food for granted.  We want them to understand that not all children have as much to eat as we do.  
The children all worked quickly and efficiently.  
And they had really sweet attitudes.  I am way biased, but I was super proud of them!
Even Story participated.  I simply adore that sweet freckle on her little hand.  Carter has one, too :)
In less that 45 minutes, the children had all of the beans bagged, and then it was time for some pizza!  While they ate, Mr. Landon shared with the a little bit more about Edwards Street and the project we were helping them with for the night.  
Our hard workers for the evening.  
"Dear children, let us not love with words or speech, but with actions and in truth."
1 John 3:18

No comments: