Monday, October 14, 2013

The greatest show on earth!

I am so behind on blogging!  Yikes!  I don't know what it is, the busyness of life with four littles, I've been working some, or maybe just not needing this outlet as often as before, who knows!  I do want to document a few things for memory's sake though! 

Last week the circus came to our town!  I always seem to find out about special events after the fact when it's too late.  However, for this event, we found out just in time.  Tilly's sweet friend Ella, invited her to go to the circus that afternoon.  I begged David for us to take the other three, and he was so sweet to make it happen!  We even founds some "free" coupons online to help out.  

It was nothing at all like I expected it to be.  I thought we would be inside the large multi-purpose center in our town.  You know, with air-conditioning and all that.  We live in south Mississippi, and y'all, it is still HOT! We were a little surprised to discover that the circus was held outside under these huge tents, wow!  We were dripping with sweat when it was all over, ha!

I'm pretty sure if you look closely enough you can see the sweat glistening (dripping) on my face!  

The children loved it!  Story was really unsure to begin with, but once she realized that the clowns were not coming into the stands to get her, she was just fine!  Some of our favorites were the elephants.  They were really cute!  

We also really enjoyed the tight-rope walkers.  There was not even a mat or anything underneath them in case of a fall, gasp!  

Summer and Story really loved the pretty girls dancing and twirling.  One girl was even attached to the cord with her hair!  Ouch! At the very end of the circus, a man was shot out of a canon, and that was really amazing.  I failed to get a picture though.  
Tilly and Ella sat on the other side of the circus tent from where we were, so we did not see them during the show.  Ella's momma was sweet enough to share a couple of pictures with me.  
These two are just the sweetest of friends.  So, there you have it, our first experience at the circus! 

No comments: