Sunday, January 05, 2014

12 years!

Four states, four little loves, two seminary degrees, three summers of Fuge, six little furry friends, five churches and 12 years ago, I said, "I do" or I'm pretty sure it was "I will" to this handsome love of mine.  
I will follow you wherever you lead our family to go.  I will laugh with you until our sides feel as though they will split.  I will cry with you when life hurts because sometimes it just does.  I will change lots and lots and lots of diapers with you.  I will go with you on long rides in the car.  I will fall in love with you 4x over as I watch you become daddy to our little ones.  I will go gray with you.  I will do lots and lots of laundry with you.  I will cover my head with the pillow when your alarm goes off for all those hunting trips.  I will watch Friends with you over and over and over.  I will call the dawgs with you every Saturday in the fall.  I will travel with you to New Orleans any day your little heart desires.  I will eat beignets there with you, too.  I will take long walks on the beach with you.  I will dream big with you.  I will pray for wisdom and direction for you.  I will be a shield for you.  I will always want to hold your hand.  I will listen.  I will hug you tight.  I will giggle with you under the covers before we go to sleep.  I will date you.  I will walk lots of laps with you.  I will talk for hours with you.  I will always want to tell you first before anyone else.  I will send you lots and lots and lots of texts.  I will hide your duck calls.  I will tease you when you want to go to bed really early.  I will listen intently as you preach and write down most every word you say with the hopes that one day our littles will read your words.  I will go on fun trips with you.  I will.   
Happy 12 years, David Michael O'Dell! I look forward to the next 12 with great anticipation.  
You will always be my favorite!
I love you to the moon and back a whole bunch of times!

No comments: