Monday, January 20, 2014

Happy 40th Anniversary, Papa and Gigi!

During Christmas holidays, we had the privilege of celebrating David's parents and their 40th wedding anniversary!  40 years, wow!  That's such a huge accomplishment, especially in this day and time, and we were thrilled to be able to honor them.  
David's sister, Cari, made the centerpieces, and I think they turned out so well!  Shes way more crafty than me, ha!
For their wedding 40 years ago, Papa and Gigi used red and white for their colors, so we went with a red and white theme, very apropos, don't you think!  I love how their cake turned out, and it was divine!
David and Papa.  
Miss Cindy and Cari visiting with a family friend.  Or maybe relative, I cannot remember!
The happy couple.  
The original four!  This family sure has grown fast and furiously over the past few years!
David and his mom.  
Papa and Gigi with the Calhouns.  
The whole family! 
Papa and Gigi with the O'Dells.  
Papa and Gigi with all their little grandchildren - Carter, 7; Summer, 6; Tilly, 5; Lincoln, 3; Story, 3; and Emery, 21 months.  
Papa and Gigi with some sweet friends.  
Family and friends.  
Story with Aunt Karen.  I adore these pictures of them together, so much so that I could not choose between the two!
That's some good sugar!
Emery with her Mimi, Cory's mother.  
Cari with her mom and dad.  
Cousins Ashley and Derrick.  
One of my favorite parts of the celebration was seeing all of the little cousins playing together.  They had the most fun!
Sweet sisters.  
Love these precious faces!
My Story girl.  
And my Tilly girl.  She was so tired during the party, and every few minutes she would ask me how much longer!  Finally, she curled up on my shoulder and just went fast to sleep!
Papa and Gigi getting ready to cut the cake.  
I am so thankful for Miss Cindy's sake that Papa didn't try any funny stuff!
I love this look on his face!
Going in for the smooch!
Funny face!!
I love that Carter wanted to be in this picture!
Tilly and Papa.  
All the family members who were able to be at the celebration.  
We framed the invitation and had the guests to sign the matte, so that Papa and Gigi can hang it up in their home as a reminder of this special day.  I love that Carter wrote Happy New Year, ha!
Tilly and her friend, Eli!  These two always seem to have so much fun when we are together.  
Cousin Jordan with her Mini-Me!  
Happy Anniversary, Papa and Gigi!  We are so thankful that we were able to celebrate such an important milestone with both of you.  Thank you so much for being such a wonderful example to us and to our children.  We are thankful for the legacy that you are leaving in your path.  We love you!

No comments: