Tuesday, March 04, 2014

An afternoon in the woods.

Thursday while I was at school, David texted to ask if we all wanted to ride out to the "hunting land" to set up our new trap and put out some corn for the deer.  Of course!  
On the way to the land, we stopped at Ward's for Root Beer floats and an after school snack.  So fun! 
And then, we walked all over the woods, checking the game camera(s) - oh yes, there are three!  
I love this picture.  The lighting was a photographer's dream, even a rookie like me!  
We helped Daddy put corn in the silos.  
Yes, Story is wearing her Christmas outfit for the second time this week.  It was cleaned, but I am thinking I am going to have to hide it or something!  
We planted some seeds.  


See what I mean about the light!
And then, we got to put the trap out!
This is how I roll at the hunting land!  Aren't these leggings the cutest!  My SIL gave them to me for Christmas!
Each of the children took turns climbing in the trap to make sure there was enough room for the bobcat.  


We might should've changed clothes, eeeek!
The fun part was putting sardines in the trap.  Oh my!  What a stinky smell!
The trap is all set up and ready to catch a bobcat!  Or so we hope!  
And then, we had to take some pictures of my pretty children!  
He's so handsome and just growing up so fast! 
So pretty, she is!
And this girl.  
Story, not to be outdone by her big sister!  Such a fun day in the woods with our family!  I'll keep you posted on catching that bobcat!  

No comments: