Thursday, April 17, 2014

Spring Festival

Last weekend was a whirlwind blur, beginning Friday with the Wheel-A-Thon and Carter's baseball game.  Saturday was no joke either!
Carter and Summer ran their very first 5K on Saturday.  It was hosted by our church and all proceeds will benefit our world mission's offering.  So great!  Their official time was 55:45.  Not too shabby for no training at all!  After the 5K, Carter also participated in the 1 mile fun run!  Somebody needs to sign this boy up for track! 
After the race, our crew headed over to the zoo for some fun and an egg hunt.  I adore this picture of Story and one of her very favorite friends, Mallory.  Thanks, Kelly, for the sweet picture!

I was too busy yapping to take many pictures, but I did manage to get this one of Summer feeding the goats.  

One of the highlights of my day was taking one of my favorite friends and co-workers, Rebecca, come for the egg hunt with her three girls.  Here are Bela and Blaire with Story.  It was such a treat to spend the morning with these girls!

After the egg hunt, our church hosted a crawfish boil at the park.  So yum and so fun!  I enjoyed spending lots of time with this pretty girl.  
Sunday was another full day, too.  After church, Tilly went to a birthday party at the movies.  Carter went with David to a finance meeting.  Summer and Story went with me to a bridal shower I was helping to host!  Such a fun weekend!  

No comments: