Thursday, April 09, 2015

#odellspringbreak2015, Hattiesburg!

We left New Orleans Sunday morning after enjoying beignets at Cafe du Monde.  We arrived in Hattiesburg in time to eat lunch with some sweet friends.  
Bianchi's was one of our favorite places to eat while we lived there, and the Morgans and the Gunters are some of our favorite people, so it was just perfect!  Only, the time went by way too fast! 
After lunch we rode out to see some more sweet friends, the Berteaus.  Look at those happy faces.  So glad to be reunited! 
They had the best afternoon riding and playing.  
Sunday night, we met up with lots of sweet friends for supper at Canes.  Flat Stanley got to meet Miss Sarah, which is a privilege in itself! 
Tilly's friend, Hannah, and her family popped by for a visit.  
And here's the whole crew.  Love these faces.  So much.  They have touched our lives in ways they will never know.  We love them big! 
After supper, David took Carter to spend the night with his favorite friend, Peyton.  Those two have been together since T-one, and they have the sweetest friendship.  While we were in Hattiesburg, Carter got to spend two nights with his friend.  So special.  
And then, I got to see this girl.  What a treasure she is to me!  Sherry is the kind of friend you meet and you know you will be friends forever.  She is so real and so genuine and you always know exactly what you will get with her.  I love that!  We sat at Starbucks and laughed and talked and drank coffee, and the time was gone in a blink! I am forever grateful for the many ways she has invested and poured into my life.  Whew, Sunday was a full day! 
Monday morning, we drove Story to PCS preschool to see her classmates.  She was so bashful! But they were sooo glad to see her.  One sweet little girl said, "Story! We have missed you so much!" I thought I would burst into tears on the spot! Here is Story with Miss Gin, her teacher.  Oh, how we love her! 
Monday afternoon, we drove the big three to PCS to see their classmates and friends.  Here is Summer with Mrs. Davis, her sweet teacher and Flat Stanley, ha! 
And Tilly with Sarah and Sarah Ann.  
And next few pictures, well these are my girls.  For the last two years, I have worked at PCS with the sweetest ladies in all the land.  They have been so precious to me, and I think about them daily and miss them so much!
Beth Ann started coming to the Bible study I led at church on Wednesday nights, and I am so thankful for her friendship.  She loves our children so well, too! 
And this girl, she's been my partner in crime for the last school year, and I miss laughing daily with her!  I got to see my students in Mrs. Brock's class, too, and it just made my day.  I got the sweetest hugs ever! 
PCS, we love you and are so thankful for the way you have invested in our family through the lives of our children.  We will forever be thankful for our time on this campus! 
Monday afternoon, Story got to go see her friend Mallory, while I took the big girls to the park with some other friends.  Story has been asking for Mallory and talking about Mallory ever since we planned our trip back to MS.  She was so glad to see her! 
Meanwhile, we were at the park with the King girls.  We love them so much, too!  It was such a great few days seeing so many people whom we love so much.  While we were in Hattiesburg, we stayed with the Powells, who lived across the street from us.  They are like family, and we love them so. Tuesday morning after breakfast at Cracker Barrel with the Brelands, we hit the road east towards Georgia.   

No comments: