Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tilly Brooke O'Dell



Tilly Brooke O'Dell was born on August 19, 2008 at 4:48 PM at Northside Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia. She weighed 8 pounds and is 20.5 inches long. Tilly was delivered by Christine Gordon the same midwife who delivered both Carter and Summer! The delivery was as smooth and perfect as we could have hoped for it to be. We received the phone call from the hospital just before 8:00 AM. By 11:00, all paperwork was complete and pitocin was working its magic. I received the epidural about 1:00. By 4:45PM I shared with Christine that I thought it was time. Tilly arrived just 3 minutes later - it was so fast! She is perfect and oh so sweet! We never cease to be amazed by the miracle of birth even though we have gotten lots of practice in the last two years! We are so thankful for our baby girl. We know she is a gift and will change the dynamics of our family in her own little way! Carter and Summer came to the hospital today to meet her and it was so sweet to see them interact with her. Carter said, "Tilly pretty!" Summer helped her with her pacifier! David and I are thrilled to be parents again! We will post more updates soon!

1 comment:

brooke mardell said...

exactly one week after my birthday ... not a bad choice there, tilly. left me some room for my own identity, but made it an easy birthday for me to remember to send you a gift - well done!