Friday, January 16, 2009

Hannah's Hope

David and I are very interested in international adoption and hope to be able to adopt a baby one day. This calling on our hearts has led us to be able to network with others who have the same heart's desire. Recently, I learned of an adoption agency named All God's Children. This agency is affiliated with an orphanage in Ethiopia named Hannah's Hope. A family in the Atlanta area is adopting a baby girl from this orphanage at the end of this month! Through them we learned of a formula shortage in Ethiopia. The lady who runs the orphanage has even been buying formula from the black market just to save the babies in here care!
Every year the school where I teach participates in several service projects. Each class is to adopt a project for the year. This year our class's service project was to collect formula for Hannah's Hope! My children and their families were so excited to be able to participate in such a cool project! I also enlisted the help of my Sunday School Class at church. Altogether we collected 40 cans of formula for Hannah's Hope with the promise of more to come! Below are some pictures of the formula we collected. Please join us in praying for Hannah's Hope and other orphanages in third world countries who do not have enough formula to feed their babies.

1 comment:

Clark and Sarah said...

Hi my name is Sarah Gollotte. I have the great honor and pleasure in taking over your formula donations to the babies in Ethiopia. I was so excited and surprised with how many cans April brought me. I can't thank you enough. I will try to get a picture of the formula at the airport and in Ethiopia at the orphanage for your class.

Thanks so much!