Thursday, January 08, 2009

Yucky Gators and Other Stuff

Well, it has been a sad week at the O'Dell house! Everyone had to go back to school on Monday, even David - what a rude awakening it was when the alarm sounded before 5:30! Whew! Then, we got the news that Matthew Stafford and Knowshon Moreno were going pro and not coming back to play for the dawgs another year - not surprised, just bummed! As if this was not bad enough, then we learn that John Smoltz is leaving the beloved Braves to play for the Red Sox (no offense Cari/Cory)! Say it isn't so! On top of it all college football comes to an end tonight with the Gators and the Sooners! Who cares!?! However, I do have a fun story to bring some smiles to this crazy week! The story, of course, starring none other than Carter Stokes O'Dell.
One fun thing about going back to school is spending lots of time in the car with Carter, Summer, and Tilly who I have fondly named the three stooges! Carter literally (no exaggeration, David!) talks the entire way to and from school! Well, he doesn't understand why we drive in so much traffic (welcome to Atlanta) and he does not understand why we have to stop at lights, so I have been teaching him what the different color lights mean. Today, we were reviewing: "Green means go! Red means stop! Yellow means slow!" He has this down pat! Well, today, after reviewing he asks me, "Mommy, what about orange?" I am not really sure where he got the orange from since we were reviewing traffic lights, but I went with it anyway! Being the orange hater that I am (again, sorry Cari/Cory), I promptly replied, "Orange means yucky gators!" A great thing about being a Mommy of a two year old is that I can train him right - he believes everything I tell him! Thank you, Carter, for making me laugh a lot today! I guess tonight, we will be cheering for those yucky gators!

2 comments:

Garretts said...

lol...this is great. yes, orange is a yucky color in our house (unless worn with navy blue on football friday nights for our local team). we too are pulling for the yucky gators tonight!

Cari said...

O come on...orange is such a beautiful color!!! Next time tell him it is yucky but that is Aunt Cari's favorite! :) Sounds like he is getting to be a lot of fun. Glad you have such good company for your drive. Miss you guys!!