Monday, September 06, 2010

Well, here we go!

Gone are the days of sleeping in, wearing pajamas all day if we want to, eating lunch every day with Daddy, heading to the pool in the afternoons, and snuggling with my children all day long. Tomorrow is the start of a new season for our family. We are going back to school! However, the school part is not so new for us. This will be my eighth year teaching, Carter's third year in preschool, Summer's second year in preschool, and are you ready for this? Tilly will be going to preschool for the first time! We can't wait for this season to begin.
I love the times of year when the seasons change. I love when summer is coming to an end and fall is beginning, when the air turns crisp, the leaves start to turn, school begins, and football season takes up most Saturdays. I love winter because it brings the birth of the baby Jesus and lots of time with family. I love the chance of snow and seeing your breath outside. I love when spring comes, and all things are new. I love the new plants, the green grass shoots, planting a garden, and the warmth from the sunshine. I love summertime because all of my children were born in the summer, and this represents a sweet time for our family when we can all be home together. I love the thought of the beach and having the sand between my toes.
Speaking of seasons, a brand new season is beginning for me and our family. After much prayer and faith leaping, David and I decided that I will not be working full time this year. When school begins, I will not be going to my home for the last 5 years in the basement of The Heiskell School. I will no longer be teaching third graders. Instead, you should look for me in the preschool, where you will find me at the top of the stairs teaching pre-kindergarten! What a great change this will be for me and my family! Please, if you dare, follow me on this journey as I begin a new season in my life. www.missheatherodell.blogspot.com
I think we are in for quite a fabulous ride!

No comments: