Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Carter and Summer's yearly check ups.

Today, I took Carter and Summer for their yearly checkups with Dr. G.  I cannot believe how fast these little people are growing.  I forgot my camera, but thank goodness for the iPhone!
I snapped this picture of the two of them while we were waiting to be seen.  I love how much they love each other and hope they will always be so close.  Pity the boy and girl that comes between these two, ha!  
Carter insisted that Summer go first, since she's a lady and all.  We are raising him right, are we not?  But, since I put Carter's picture first I will give his stats.  He weighs 45lbs., 75%.  He is 46 1/4in., 95%. Carter is continuing to stay right along his curve, so we are thankful to hear that.  In addition to his measurements, he had a vision test, which he ranked 20/25, which is great.  Heart, lungs, ears, eyes, and everything looked great.  He also did a urinalysis and a blood test, and he was such a champ for both of those.  I was amazed.   Oh, how thankful we are for healthy children.  
Summer weighs 47lbs., 97%.  She is 45 1/4 in., way, way, way off the chart.  More off the chart than she was at 3.  Our girl is going to be TALL!  Summer had a vision and hearing test.  She did very well on the hearing test, but not so great on the vision, so we have been recommended to see an optometrist to have her eyes checked.  One eye checked in at 20/40 and the other 20/50, not so great.  I'm wondering how much is willfulness and how much is accurate.  I will be so interested to see.  She did not want to do the test, and the nurse had to come get me to *help* Summer understand the importance of the vision screening.  Now, my husband has very poor eyesight, so we are certain at least one of our children will need glasses, ha!  Overall, Summer is in great health, and we could not be more thankful.  Dr. G. was most impressed with her good manners and mature nature.  Don't you love it when people compliment your children?  Oh, how it warms my mommy heart.  Now, all four O'Dell children are checked up and caught up on screenings and immunizations for another year.  How thankful we are!

No comments: