Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday in Athens.

One of the many things I love about my husband is his sense of adventure and spontaneity.  He enjoys flying by the seat of his pants when it comes to doing fun things for our family.  Today, he certainly didn't disappoint.  After negotiating the time it could take me to get ready, we dressed our party of six in our game day red and headed out the door.  Carter is so like me, and he likes to know what we are doing when and for how long.  David was just full of surprises today.  With my nose in a book and my awfully embarrassing sense of direction, I had no idea where we were headed until we were well on our way down 316, the road between Atlanta and Athens.  When I looked up, he grinned and said, "We are meeting you mom at Rafferty's in Athens at 11:30."  What, two of my favorites in one day, and my mom, too!  So fun!  
T's little bulldawgs!
After a yummy lunch, we headed down Atlanta Highway to see where the dawgs play!  It was so much fun to drive through campus and see the flags flying, hear the dawgs being called, and gaze upon a sea of red and black.  Now, if only we'd had 6 tickets to the game, it would have been perfect.  Not.  I don't think we are quite ready to take our party of six between the hedges.  Definitely one day.  In the meantime, I'm perfectly content to call the dawgs with my family from the comfort of our home.  We've been practicing our dawg calling all week in the car to and from school.  It sounds pretty great!
Gooooooooooo, dawgs!  Sic 'em!  Woof!  Woof!  Woof!  Woof!

1 comment:

Garretts said...

yumm! i love Rafferty's (& of course Athens!)

that is true adventure to fight gameday traffic when you're not going to the game! i'm guessing you're glad you watched from home for another reason now.