Thursday, September 08, 2011

The Help.

August 10, 2011, I went with this pretty lady to see this awesome movie.  Rarely do I go to movies, there's just not much time for that, but this was one I could not wait to see.  Now, reading is something I do and do a lot.  There's always time to curl up with a good book.  That's what naps are for, right?  I read The Help last year before Story was born and could. not. put. it. down.  Seriously!  It was that good.  Definitely one of the best books I have ever read, and the movie did not disappoint.  I think it is one I will watch over and over and over, kind of like Sweet Home Alabama.  Thank you, David, for watching the children, so I could have a girl's night out with my friend.  Y'all, I was out past midnight!  I haven't done that since college!  Thank you, Emily, for insisting we go see this movie.  I can think of no other person I would have rather seen it with than you.  
I will leave you with a quote from Aibileen, one of my favorite characters:
You is kind, you is smart, you is important.  
P.S. If you haven't seen it, go.  If you haven't read the book yet, do that first!

2 comments:

Garretts said...

loved it too! in fact, saw it while sitting beside your very sister.

wonderful book & great movie!

Emily said...

A whole blog dedicated to our date night?! We are having another date night to see The Hunger Games! Mark my word. ;)