Thursday, July 19, 2012

Summer's 5th birthday fun!

We have been counting down the days until Summer's 5th birthday for quite some time.  Five is kind of a big deal, you know?  She melted my heart last week when she asked, "Mommy, you know how my birthday is next week?  Do you think we can do something special, just our family?"  Um, yes, sweet thing!  Whatever you want!  And that's just what we did.  Summer really wanted to go swimming for her birthday, and we have that worked out, but it won't happen until later in the week.  All of the girls got hair cuts on Summer's birthday (another post, since it was Story's first!).  Afterwards, we let the birthday girl choose where she wanted to eat.  Much to Mommy and Daddy's delight, she chose one of our favorite's as well! Firehouse Subs.  I had Carter snap this picture of us girls while we were waiting on our food.  


For dessert, we went to Cold Stone for ice cream.  The children LOVE ice cream!  Love it.  


Here's the birthday girl sporting her new princess shirt from T.  She and Tilly especially love all things Disney Princess right now!  Story hasn't quite figured it out yet.  She just knows she sleeps with her Snow "Wipe" every night, ha!


Big brother Carter making sure we can see he has lost his top two teeth!  I do want to remember something sweet he did on Summer's birthday.  We still do nap time at our house.  The girls always sleep, but Carter usually has rest time in his room.  Some days he falls asleep, but not often.  On this day, he wasn't feeling all that well.  I don't know if his blood sugar dropped really fast or what, but he was really pale and didn't feel very well.  He ended up sleeping it off, and felt great after his nap.  I checked on him several times before he fell asleep, and one of the times he said to me, "Mom, I don't want to feel like this on Summer's special day!" 


Our Tilly girl cheesing for the camera.  Side note, she is doing really well with her patch, so thank you so much those of you who are praying.  We can tell, and we are thankful!  


Here's little bit, who as of late just doesn't seem so little anymore.  Thankfully, she still loves for me to hold her! After ice cream, we came home to help the birthday girl open her presents.  As a parent, well for me anyway, I always wonder:  Did I do enough?  Did I make her day special enough? Her sweet smiles and big hugs are all the answer I need!   

Apparently, turning five is hard work!  Happy birthday, sweet Summer!  We love you so very much!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: