Monday, July 30, 2012

Miss Kathryn.

Last week, one of my dear friends from Atlanta came to spend the week with us.  Kathryn.  What a treat it was to see her!  Do you know how it is when you move away from what has been so familiar and how refreshing it is to see a familiar face?  I loved it!  Kathryn and I taught together at the Heiskell School for almost 5 years.  She came into town on Tuesday and stayed until Friday afternoon.  We had so much fun, too much fun to pause and document our every outing with photographs, it seems!  Tuesday night, my sweet husband, kept all four children after working all day so that Kathryn and I could go out to supper.  I took her to one of our favorite places to eat in Hattiesburg, Brownstone's.  It did not disappoint!  After supper, I drove her around to give her a mini tour, mini because we had to get to Bible study not long after.  Kathryn was such a trooper, she joined me for college Bible study, where we are studying the book of James.  I have loved Tuesday night Bible studies with some of the college girls from our church.  Wednesday, we took the children to the splash pad at the zoo!  Kathryn took some really sweet pictures of the children that I just had to share.  
 Carter
 Summer wearing Miss Kathryn's sunglasses. 
 Tilly
 Summer 
 Oh, how I love those little legs!
 Summer and Tilly having fun in the water. 
 Carter always has the biggest smile while at the splash pad.  

 My not so little one splashing in the puddles. 
 Summer looks so grown!  She had her check up this week, so I'll post more about her soon.  
 Story perched eating her ice cream.  
Love her face!  Another of our friends joined us at the splash pad, Teresa.  She taught with me at Heiskell, and Kathryn was actually hired to take her place when Teresa's husband's job transferred him.  Never did I dream that we would be living so close to each other again, so fun!
Wednesday night, we had family night at church.  David smoked some awesome meat, and we watched a great little movie, No Greater Love.  I had not seen it before, but it was a really sweet story.  I loved introducing Kathryn to our church family.  
 Thursday, Kathryn and I, along with one of our college interns, Katie, rode to New Orleans on a ministry visit.  We met with a minister at First Baptist New Orleans to talk about some ministries they have going that we believe we can implement here, too.  Kathryn had never been to NOLA, so I loved showing her around.  
 I took the girls inside St. Louis Cathedral.  It's just so beautiful!  
 We ate lunch at this little restaurant, which was quite good, though I don't know that I would choose to go there again.  It looked like it was going to rain, so we didn't want to wander too far into the quarter.  Next time, we will just brave the rain and eat somewhere a little better, ha!  
You can't go to New Orleans without having some beignets, so we managed to make some room in our already full bellies, ha!  Kathryn, thanks so much for coming to visit us.  We loved every minute of our time with you!  Please come back soon!

No comments: