Saturday, August 17, 2013

Week 1 in the books.

Well, our party of six survived the first week of school.  That's definitely worth documenting!  It was a bit of a crazy week, too.  However, there was lots of fun sprinkled in as well.  
On Monday after school, Tilly got her new cast, as you already know!  I'm so glad her sweet friend, E, got to go with us.  What a treat!
Tuesday, Story and I got to spend the morning with these pretty sisters, and it was such a treat for me to get to spend time with my friend! The rest of the week was a little crazy, ha!  Tuesday, the school called to ask if I could come up to help out with the first week crazies.  I was happy to, and it was so much fun to see Carter, Summer, and Tilly in their routine throughout the day.  On the first two days, Story got to go with me, and she thought she was TOO big, ha!  Part of my "job" was observing during recess time.  Story did not even hesitate to run out and get in the middle of all the boys and girls.  It was so cute!  Carter, Summer, and Tilly loved showing off their baby sister to their friends and teachers, too.   
Friday morning, David and I took Story to her school to meet her teacher.  For the last two school years, Story has ridden with me every day to drop off her sisters at this sweet place, and it's so hard for me to believe that the time has come for her to attend.  The time has really flown by.  
We were thrilled to find out earlier in the week that Story would have Miss Audie, Tilly's three year old teacher.  She is so precious, and I am confident that (once we get through Monday) that Story will have a great year in Miss Audie's class.  
Story keeps telling us that she is not ready for preschool.  I'm not sure this momma is ready either.  This will be the first time there isn't a little one at home, and Story has been my little sidekick for the last two years, going everywhere with me.  
We celebrated meeting her teacher with a blue coconut slush from Sonic.  Those are her favorites!
These cuties asked me to take their picture as we were leaving school on Friday! 
Monday is a BIG day!  Tilly turns 5, and little Story starts preschool!

No comments: