Tuesday, August 13, 2013

1st day of school!

Yesterday was the first day of school for the big three, and we were all so very excited!  The night before, we got out our uniforms, made our snacks and lunches, and of course we made our chalkboard signs, too!  
We didn't even have to awaken them this morning.  They got up, got dressed and were all ready for their big day.  After breakfast, we headed out to the front porch to take the obligatory first day pictures. 
Carter will be in first grade this year, and he is in Mrs. Crum's class.  When I asked Carter about his favorite parts of today, he told me that everything was just great!  
Summer is in T-One this year, and she has Mrs. Pittman, who was Carter's teacher last year.  A lot of our friends have been asking about T-One.  It's a grade in between Kindergarten and First Grade, kind of an extra year to grow, and it is perfect for our summer birthday babes.  Summer told me that her favorite part of the day was getting to see and hug her teacher from last year, Mrs. Malone.  So sweet!  
And this sweet thing, how is she big enough to be in Kindergarten?  I cannot believe it!  Tilly is in Mrs. Malone's class, and she is so excited to have the same teacher Summer had last year.  Tilly's favorite part of the day was nap time, what?!?! Maybe because it was so short, ha! 
Oh, how I love these four!  Story wanted to jump in at least a few pictures.  She will start preschool next week, and we found out today that she will have Mrs. Audie, the same sweet teacher Tilly had when she was in PK3.  We are so excited! 
I spot a photo bomber!  
Daddy with the big 3, so cute!
We all loaded up and drove together to school for the big day, and we all walked in together.  I'm so thankful that David sees the importance of this and took the morning to be with the children.  In fact, he takes the big ones to school most mornings, and they love that time with just Daddy!
Tilly with Mrs. Malone.  She walked right inside the class without missing a beat!  It was so cute!
I love this pretty girl.  She walked into her class with a quiet confidence that amazes me often.  
I have one more week at home with my little sidekick before she begins preschool.  She will attend three days each week.  She told me today, "Momma, I am not quite ready for preschool." Sweety girl, you're going to be just fine.  But if I am being totally honest, Momma isn't quite ready for preschool either! 

No comments: