Thursday, October 02, 2014

MAIS Swim Meet

Last week, I took Carter and Summer to their very swim meet for PCS.  During the month of September, the elementary students at school have the opportunity to swim for PCS, and Carter and Summer loved it.  Mostly, we were just hoping to give them a little more exposure to the pool and swimming, so this was perfect!
The meet was held in Jackson, so we left that morning from school about 930 to head that way.  
Look at those cute, I mean fierce, swimmers! 
First of all, nothing, I mean nothing could have prepared me for the craziness that is swim meets.  I did not grow up swimming competitively, so I just really had no clue.  Wow!  So, on their arms, I wrote the events, heats and lanes because I was responsible for getting Carter and Summer to the right place at the right time.  Wow.  Just wow.  
It was humid and packed and the introvert in me was screaming on the inside and trying to appear somewhat together on the outside.  Why do we do that? 
Here are my cuties.  They were so excited about their swim hats! 
Carter and one of his buddies comparing sharpie art because apparently half of what swim meets are all about is the sharpie art! I have lots to learn! 
I heart this picture so much.  Summer fell apart just before her event.  I don't know if it was nerves or the crowd or what, but I really didn't think she was going to even get into the pool.  
But she did.  And she did so well.  And my momma heart was so proud.  
Summer competed in the backstroke, freestyle and a relay.  She did awesome! 
Carter competed in the freestyle.  
I wasn't so sure he was going to get in the water either.  But he did.  From off the block and everything.  And it was awesome! 
I am so proud of Carter and Summer.  Our sweet neighbor was visiting her grandchildren in Jackson that week, and she came over to meet us and cheer for Carter and Summer.  I am so bummed I didn't get a picture with Mrs. Joan and the children.  We were so touched that she came.  
We left once Carter and Summer were done racing to head back home.  
On the way home, we stopped for a treat because let's be honest, we all deserved it! Great job, Carter and Summer.  I am so very proud of you! 

No comments: