Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Jesus is alive! Alive forevermore!

This is a song Carter has been learning in school this Easter season. It warms my heart to hear him sing of our risen Lord! We had a very special Easter weekend! David and the girls picked up Carter and me after school on Thursday and we headed to South Georgia (God's country we call it) to visit Mama! Traffic was atrocious; the children screamed much of the way; David and I joined in a few times, but we finally made it safe and sound! Time with Mama was special to say the least! She prepared a yummy breakfast for us each morning and lunch too! The children enjoyed sitting in her lap and entertaining her; I enjoyed sitting in the chair beside her and talking like we do each time I go home; David enjoyed driving the dirt roads and fishing! He was brave enough one morning and took Carter and Summer fishing on the farm. Carter managed to get completely tangled in his fishing line; Summer threw the tackle box and herself in the water! Saturday after lunch we headed back home. Sunday we spent Easter morning as a family at our church. We had a wonderful worship service and David preached of the risen Jesus! I told David after lunch that I have grown up in church all my life; celebrated Easter all my life; known of the risen Lord all my life, but never have I anticipated the Easter season with the excitement I felt this year! Jesus is alive! There is so much hope in that little sentence! Here are some of my favorite pictures from our Easter holiday.
Daddy and Miss Tilly as he has affectionately named her!
Sweet Tilly - Such a happy girl!
Mommy and her 3 babies! Love them!
Handsome Carter!
Daddy and Sweet Summer! She looked so beautiful in her new dress from Papa and Gigi!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Omg, Heather!! I LOVE those pictures! Tilly is growing so fast, I need to see her before she's running across the room! We have to plan a time to get together. (I'm going to New Orleans next weekend for Jazz Fest, so maybe the weekend after that?) Summer is getting prettier and prettier everytime I see her! And her hair is growing so long! I loved the headband.

And carter. Well, he's a rockstar as usual. I love the O'Dells!! :)

Unknown said...

the Easter outfits were super cute! i love Easter too - so full of hope and things new!