Friday, August 07, 2015

Beach trip to Santa Rosa!

Last week, we enjoyed a week at the beach with some of our favorite people.  We left Arkansas on Friday, and went to Hattiesburg for the night.  

I got my hair cut with my girl who has been cutting it for the last 3 years, and then I got to have coffee with my sweet friend, Kate.  I am so bummed we didn't get a picture together, as she is such a treasure to me! We spent the night with our dear friends, the Powells, who are like family to us.  Then, Saturday morning we met the Morgans for breakfast at CFA before hitting the road. 

 While we were at CFA, Carter got to see his precious teacher from PCS, Mrs. Newman, and he was over the moon about seeing her! After breakfast, we hit the road and made it to our house just in time to check in! 
This lovely place was our home for the week, and we loved it! It was in a neighborhood with two pools, one of which was close enough for us to walk to.  Saturday evening and Sunday, we spent the days at the pool.  
 Sunday night, we ate supper at Lulu's in Destin.  It has just opened a few weeks before, and we loved it! 
 They have this awesome play area right on the bay for the children to play while you wait.  The live music was really good, too! 
 Monday, we hit the beach early, and the weather and the water could not have been more beautiful! 
 The children were so excited to finally arrive at the beach! 
 I have never been to the Caribbean, but this is exactly how I imagine the water to look.  


 The handsome fella enjoys the sand as much as he does the water.  
 We had the best time watching them play! 
 The second day was just a beautiful, but the water was not quite as serene.  
 Still stunning though for sure.  
 We had some new house guests join us on Monday afternoon.  
 We were all so excited to see Mr. Landon and Miss Katie.  I am pretty sure Carter was glued to their sides the entire time they were there! 


 I posted this picture while we were at the beach.  It was during this week 15 years ago that David and I met at MFUGE in Charleston.  It's so hard to believe it's been that long! 

 There is no question. . . . the beach is one of my most very favorite places to be.  Disney is a close second ;)
 One night, thanks to Papa and Gigi, David and I got to have a date night.  Of course we chose sushi, and it was awesome! The one along the bottom right is a lobster roll on soy paper, and it was my favorite, so good! 
 Thursday night was our last night, so we went to the Back Porch for supper to celebrate.  
 Story sure adores Miss Katie! 
 My Tilly girl.  
 This is the only family picture I managed to get the whole week, sad! At least everyone is kind of looking and smiling, ha!
 I love this picture of the children with Papa and Gigi.  We sure are thankful for them and enjoyed our time with them so much! 
 And it was such a treat to spend time with these two.  They love our family so well.  
 And this guy. . . well, he's my very favorite.  
Friday morning, we hit the road to head back home! We stopped in Mobile at the prompting of some sweet friends for lunch at Foosackly's.  Think better than Zaxby's but not as good as Canes! What a great trip! So thankful we were able to spend some days away with the ones we love.  Now, it's time to gear up for school! It starts next week, yikes! 

No comments: