Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tilly Brooke is One Month Old

Today (Friday, September 19) we are celebrating Tilly's one month birthday! It has hard to believe that it has been a month since we welcomed this precious baby girl into our family. At her one month check up, she weighed 9lbs 13oz and was 21 1/2 inches long - still smaller than Carter when he was born I might add! She got a great report from the doctor and we are so thankful for a happy and healthy baby girl. Dr. G was amazed by how calm and mellow Tilly was during the exam. I told him we believe the Lord knows what we as parents can handle in our children! We are taking Tilly later this month to Scottish Rite Children's Hospital to have an ultrasound done. This is precautionary more than anything to make sure that the cystic structure found before her birth has resolved itself. Please join us in praying for complete healing in Tilly's little body. Pray that the ultrasound will reveal everything is gone! Tilly is such a sweet sweet baby. She loves to snuggle up under your neck,especially with her daddy! She is already sleeping in her crib in her room and doing really well at night - Mommy and Daddy are thankful! Carter and Summer just love her and shower her with kisses daily! They are both adjusting well to life with their baby sister. Carter started preschool this month, got his hair cut, and is going to the potty like a big boy! Summer is walking AND climbing everywhere - she has no fear! She is talking a lot too! I was unable to upload the slideshow I created for some reason, so below are a few pictures taken over the last few weeks. Sorry for the long scroll! Enjoy!

Before and after shots of Carter's new hair cut! (Yes, that is a cucumber he is eating - he loves them!) I lost the battle of the curls to David! He looks so grown up now with his big boy hair cut! They even put "product" in his hair. David was like ma'am, he's two!
Tilly loves to take naps on her tummy! I think she is laughing at me sneaking to take her picture!







She is wide awake here. Such a pretty baby girl!







Tilly's bathtime. She does not mind it too much, especially if the water is nice and warm! Look at those big blue eyes!










Carter and Tilly playing on her mat! He loves his little sister!







Carter helping to wash the dishes! Summer trying to help or pull the stool out from under him - I am not sure which! He loves to get on his stool and help in the kitchen. Last night, he put the stool in front of the microwave and said I'm cooking! David was rolling - how sad for me that my child already understands how Mommy cooks best! Oh my!
Summer playing on our bed in the morning! She is such a happy little girl and add so much joy and laughter to our home!





4 comments:

Cari said...

YEAH!! I love the new blog. Happy One-month birthday Tilly!! The kids are growing up so much and developing such personalities!! I love it and miss them tons. Give them my love! :) -- Aunt Cari

Garretts said...

I love the blog. I'm so glad you put the site on your facebook status so I would wise up and notice it. I look forward to keeping up with your growing family. Love the pics!

Unknown said...

Heather, Cari sent me the link to Carter's school pics and it had the link to this blog in it too. Carter's school pics are too cute!! He seems so much bigger since I saw him and it was only a few months ago! Summer does too! They are adorable! Tilly is precious! Congrats, again, on your wonderful new family of 5!! Can't wait to meet the newest addition!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Tilly is beautiful!!! Also, Patrick really liked one of the songs on your blog. Do you have a list of them? I miss you girl! I would love to see you sometime!