Thursday, October 02, 2008

What a Week

We have known this time was coming, but boy did it sneak up on me! Being at home with my family since June has been such a sweet gift! I loved spending weeks with just Carter and Summer before baby Tilly's arrival and I have loved being at home with just my girls while Carter has been in pre-school. This is my last week at home and the time has just flown by. I am not sure this week has gone the way I would have chosen, but we don't always get to choose. Monday we spent the morning at Scottish Rite Children's Hospital having an ultrasound done on Tilly's pelvis. Two weeks before delivery a cystic structure was discovered, so this was to be a follow-up. Tuesday we received a phone call from our pediatrician with the results asking us to see a pediatric surgeon. Wednesday I spent the day crying and praying and worrying about my precious baby girl. Today, Thursday, we went to see the pediatric surgeon. My mom went with us and it was so comforting to have her there with us. After reviewing our file, he shared with us that Tilly does indeed have a large cyst (about the size of a golf ball) on her right ovary. We were not prepared for it to be so large. For now, we are going to wait and watch it. In 6 weeks we will return to Children's Hospital for another ultrasound and then we will wait to hear from the pediatric surgeon. I don't usually wait very well. A sweet friend shared this verse with me on Tuesday when I called to share with her our news. "When I am afraid, I will trust in you." Psalm 56:3. I have been very afraid this week. That same night, I was feeding Tilly and David was putting Carter and Summer to bed. We have a bedtime routine that has recently included singing songs together. They were singing Jesus loves me. Now, I have been singing Jesus loves me all my life, but the words. "little ones to Him belong, they are weak, but He is strong" struck a chord in my heart and it made me so thankful that Tilly does belong to Jesus and that He is very strong in her weakness. What a week it has been. There have been some really sweet moments this week too. Below are some pictures of my sweet children taken this week. Please join us in praying for complete healing in Tilly's little body.

Tilly on Carter's bed with his animals!

Carter eating a snack enjoying the fall weather.

Tummy Time

MUAH!
Carter loves his baby sister. He talks to her in
the sweetest voice! He gives her lots of kisses!

5 comments:

Garretts said...

Noelle told me about little Tilly and we're praying for you all. I like what you wrote about Jesus Loves Me. We often sing the words to songs out of habit not thinking of the meanings...it's neat to be reminded of His greatness and protection!

Kristy said...

Oh Heather! I will definitely be praying for Tilly! You're right...about the verse of Jesus Loves Me! The following verse came to my mind...

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29

I know it's hard to NOT worry...especially when it comes to our children. But, try to find REST in Him!! I'll be praying...

Trent & Mary Katherine Cloer said...

Hey girl- We continue to pray for Tilly and all of you daily. I know the Lord is going to give you the strength you need on a daily basis as you deal with this situation and go back to work. I love keeping up with you this way and the pictures are so special! Know that you are loved- MK

April said...

We will be praying for sweet Tilly. I hope going back to work goes smoothly! I love seeing the kids' pictures!

Casey said...

hey friend.....i just sent you an email about the slide shows.....hopefully it will make sense.