Thursday, February 05, 2009

Sleepy Babies

Our nighttime routine is one of my favorite parts of the day. After supper and baths, we all pile into Carter's bed. We read a couple of stories, we sing a few songs, and we pray. Carter and Summer love to read: Brown Bear; The Barnyard Dance; The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear; and The Very Hungry Caterpillar just to name a few. Our prayer time is so very sweet too. We all hold hands and I pray. Summer has got the Amen part down pat! Carter likes to say his own prayers too that are very sweet! Once the children are asleep, David and I spend the evenings talking, watching TV, and just being together. Before we go to bed, we always look in on our precious little ones. I love to watch them sleep! Last night, I took a couple of pictures without waking them surprisingly enough! Sweet dreams, my little ones! Mommy and Daddy love you very much!

Carter with his bulldog blanket, his lovie he has had since he was born, his bunny, and his George! I have always loved his sweet little mouth!
Summer with her bulldog blanket and pillow! Her lovie is somewhere close, we don't get very far without it! I love the way her long eyelashes lay on her cheeks when she is asleep! She is exhausted after her many stunts during the day! I think it is about time for her to be in a big girl bed! We are aiming to make the change over spring break!
Baby Tilly with her lovie and the hands up! We always know when the hands are up she is sleeping really well! Look at those sweet cheeks! I kiss them many times a day!

3 comments:

Cari said...

So cute!

I was starting to wonder about you guys b/c I haven't heard from ya in a while and no blogs! (I'm halway joking b/c I don't know how you guys do it all)!! Welcome back!! Your page looks good -- love the layout and the little timelines on the side. I was just thinking that I needed to spruce mine up a little and now you have inspired me! I may have to steal your timeline idea! Thanks.

Love you guys!

Trent & Mary Katherine Cloer said...

Girl, how sweet are these pictures! I can not believe how much Tilly has grown and Summer's legs. What a hoot! Miss you and much love-

Unknown said...

The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear is one of my favorites!!! And, isn't it the sweetest thing to hear little ones pray? So honest and sincere. It almost always brings me to tears when I hear one of my sister's kids pray. :)