Sunday, July 03, 2011

The Peachtree.

David and I were supposed to be running in this race together tomorrow. It's the largest 10k in the world! We were so excited to be selected, and we began our training program. Part of our training included running in several 5k's, which was so much fun! Who knew! During a race we did in May, I injured my hip flexor. I wanted to beat my PR, but even more than that I was hoping to get my time under 30 minutes, so I probably pushed myself a little too far. I've never run seriously before, so I've never been seriously injured either. Well, this was a doozie. So, my love will be running alone tomorrow, and while I'm quite sad about it, I am so very proud of him! Saturday, we went to the expo to pick up David's race ticket.
Good luck, babe! We will be cheering you on from Brooks Drive. We love you!

No comments: