Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hiding God's Word in our hearts. Romans 3:23

Knowing that I was going to have the gift of being home with our four children this summer made me really desire to be intentional with our time together. Before school got out, I sought advice from other mommies, particularly those who home school their children to find out how they order their day. I used several blogs recommended and several ideas shared to develop our schedule for each day. One thing that I desperately desired was for us to spend time in God's Word together every day. I have loved it. We are using a Bible curriculum I found on this blog. I use her A-Z Bible memory verses. We memorize one verse every week. This week was our first full week to be at home together, so we began with the letter A, "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23. Wow, it has been so sweet to hear my children, shout and whisper this powerful verse in God's Word. In addition to memorizing God's Word, we are talking about different character traits, also from the same blog mentioned above. The last part of our Bible time is spent reading the Jesus Storybook Bible. I have blogged about this book before, and I just can't say enough about this amazing Bible for little people. It so powerfully and simply reveals the redemptive work of God through His son. Most days my children are excited to hear the Bible stories and recite their verses. I captured them reciting the verse on my phone, and wanted to share the videos of them. So precious.

Carter reciting his Bible verse for the week.


Summer reciting Romans 3:23


Tilly reciting her Bible verse for the week.

I am so proud of the three of them for memorizing their Bible verse for week 1. We are well on our way to learning our verse this week, too. Thank you, God, for the summertime and the opportunity to be at home with the children. Teach me to make the most of this time.


No comments: