Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas in Georiga.

This past week, we traveled to see my family in Georgia for a few days.  Tuesday, after the children got out of school, we hit the road, and after stopping only one time (I think that's some sort of record, with 4 children 5 and under), we arrived at my sister's house.  She lives in the North Georgia mountains, and it sure it pretty there.  Maybe not quite as pretty as the South Georgia pines, where we grew up, but I'll take it!  
Wednesday night my mom and grandmother came over to celebrate Christmas with us.  Hart was not well, so he didn't get to join in on the festivities.  Look at all those presents!  My mom doesn't know how to do anything on a small scale, ha!  Boy were the children excited!  Carter, especially, I don't know what it is about him, but he has an excitement and appreciation that is just infectious!  He was equally excited about every gift he opened.  So sweet!  
David was the photographer for the evening, so here we are in the middle of all the chaos trying to help everyone opening their gifts.  
My sweet grandmother was able to come up to spend some time with us, and I'm ever so thankful for that.  Her health is not good, so I'm not sure how much more traveling she will be able to do.  She still rocking that red lipstick and fingernails though, and that warms my heart!
I think my mom bought stock in the Disney Store or something.  Look at all those princesses.  My two oldest girlies are loving their new dolls.  
See what I mean, look at that sweet face.  
And that one.  
And this one.  Story was hardly still for a minute to capture her picture.  
I do love this picture of Mama with all the great-grandbabies, ranging in age from 9-19 months, with one more on the way!  My sister is due in early March with her third baby.  Story is sitting in a rocking chair that belonged to my Papa.  She got it out our first day there, and she rocked and rocked and rocked!  
We left Thursday afternoon, and stopped at the BPS in Birmingham, AKA the free aquarium!  They loved seeing all the animals and fish inside.  
I didn't bring my camera inside, but I snapped a few pictures with my cell phone.  We had a fun time looking at the fish.  Story was enjoying them from afar.  She didn't want to get too close, ha!
I'm not even sure what kind of fish this is, but it was by far the largest one in the tank.  The children were mesmerized by it!  They kept calling it a swordfish.  You can definitely see the resemblance.  
After spending a little while at BPS, we loaded our party of six back up in the car and headed home to Mississippi.  It was wonderful to spend time with my family at Christmas.  Now that we are home, we have been unpacking, playing with our new toys, baking some Christmas goodies, and getting ready for the rest of the week.  Our church is having two services this weekend, so we look forward to celebrating Jesus' birthday!  We plan to have a Happy Birthday Jesus party on Sunday!  Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

The Baughers said...

I'm so glad you got to come to GA and spend time with your family!! I love all the pics of your kids and it's fun getting to see your nieces and Mom and grandmother! Ok, funny story... I'm reading this and get to the BPS in Birmingham, I'm like "Woody, where is this, what free aquarium??" I did live there for almost a decade! So we googled it-ha!! Glad ya'll had fun at the BPS! We've never stopped at that one, will have to try it next time we're headed into town! :)