Sunday, June 24, 2012

Father's Day, 2012.

I am not sure why I posted about our trip to NOLA before my post on David's special day. I think because the only pictures I had from NOLA were on my phone anyway. At any rate, we loved celebrating David before we left for #SBC12. Our Father's Day celebration lasted for the whole weekend. Before we had four, on Mother's Day weekend we took Carter and Summer to Zoo Atlanta. This year, we decided to rekindle our zoo traditions on Father's Day weekend. Saturday morning after doughnuts with Daddy, we headed a whopping two whole blocks over to the Hattiesburg Zoo. The children were so excited. I have many more pictures on the computer, but our Internet is still acting funny. I sure will be glad not to have to blog from my phone anymore ;)

This sign cracked me up! You don't have to worry about this girl tossing anything to the alligators!

Story had never been to the zoo before, so it was really sweet to see the zoo through her eyes for the first time! She loved seeing all the animals.

The tiger was actually out walking around while we were there. When Carter and I went to the zoo back in the fall with his class, we could barely see her. She's massive to me, but according to one of our church friends who works at the zoo, she's actually pretty small!

After seeing all the animals, we went to our favorite part of the zoo, the splash pad! The children had so much fun running through the fountains! David and I loved watching them play and shriek with delight! After playing and eating treats, we headed back home for naps.
On Sunday, David's big day, we enjoyed doughnuts together at church. After church, we went to one of our favorite eats in Hattiesburg, Newks. For Father's Day, we gave David a membership to the dollar shave club, a new watch, and some handmade keepsakes from the children. I tweeted at some point during the day: happy Father's Day, @davemo44! The Lord has used you to redeem this day and make it so sweet. I love watching you be Daddy to our four loves. David loves me and our children completely and selflessly. It was an honor and privilege to celebrate him on this special day. Happy Father's Day, babe. We love you to the moon and back a whole bunch of times!
-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: