Thursday, June 28, 2012

June, 2012.

Thanks to my love, our home internet is finally up and running.  I've blogged already about some of the things we have done so far this summer, but June has been such a long and busy month that I didn't want to forget about some of the other fun things we've done.  The children had the opportunity to attend a couple of different Vacation Bible Schools this summer with friends from school.  I told one of my friends at the gym this week, "I don't think my children could hear about Jesus from too many different people!"  I have loved listening to them share about the things they've learned at VBS about God, His Word, and Jesus. 
 One of my favorite things we have done this summer is spend time with sweet friends.  We've had get togethers at each other's homes, we've gone out to eat together after church, we've had swimming and lake parties.  You name it!  I have loved spending time with our new friends here in Hattiesburg.  
 Of course we've had lots of family date nights, too.  Most of them include eating something sweet like Krispy Kreme or Dairy Queen.  That's why I run, my friends, that's why I run, ha!  
 David has been showing off his skills in the kitchen this summer, too.  He made one batch of pepper jelly with the peppers from our garden.  This particular batch did not have much heat, so we are going to crank it up a bit for the next batch.  
 We have enjoyed popsicles.  On the porch.  Because I had just mopped the floors!  We've also enjoyed them in the bath tub for the very same reason!  
 There's a beautiful hydrangea bush on the side of our house, and I have loved placing fresh flowers throughout our home.  
 Carter has always enjoyed helping in the kitchen.  He made the pigs in the blanket for our lunch one day, all by himself!  
Blueberries are in abundance this summer in Mississippi.  We've had lots of sweet friends to share some with us.  David made a batch of blueberry jam with some fresh blueberries.  What a fun treat to be able to share with our friends.  
 One of our church families, the Kirkpatricks, have lots of blueberries at their home.  They invited us to come over one evening to pick blueberries with them.  Carter and Summer were such great helpers.  
 Story had a fun time playing with her sweet friend, Mallory.  These two girls are in Sunday School together at church.  Look at those precious faces.  
 I would LOVE to know what's is being said here!
 Carter filling up his container with yummy blueberries.  It has been so nice to have lots and lots of blueberries.  I love them!  They are kind of expensive in the grocery stores, so we feel blessed to have so many to eat.  We've been putting a lot of them up in the freezer to have later in the year when the bushes are not producing so much fruit.  I hope we make another batch of jam, too.  I'm thinking that would be a great teacher's gift at some point this next school year.  
 After we picked blueberries, the children enjoyed showing off their gymnastic skills.  
 Story amazed all of us with her fearlessness.  Her hang time was pretty impressive, too!
 I love this expression on Summer's face.  
 I already blogged about our trip to the Hattiesburg Zoo Father's Day weekend, but I wanted to share some pictures from my non iPhone camera.  We were amazed at how close to us this cheetah was willing to get.  The only thing separating us from him was that tiny fence, yikes!
 I love this picture of the children with their daddy.  What a great daddy he is for sure!
 Story looking back at Daddy.  Love.  
 These fountain pictures are some of my favorites.  The splash pad was the highlight of our trip to the zoo.  
 I don't know if it's the way her hair is pulled back or the fact that I can remember Summer wearing this bathing suit, but Tilly looks so grown up to me in the picture.  It's hard to believe she will be four in just  over a month!
 Carter, Summer, and Tilly had the best time!  I loved watching them run through the water, squealing with delight!
 Story had a fun time, too!  I love that the big 3 most always attempt to include their little sister when playing.  Could not love these four more if I tried!
 Last Sunday, I was asked to take some pictures of the choir and praise team for our church directory.  I could not resist snapping a picture of David in action.  I love listening to him teach and preach week after week!  
 This picture is from our trip to New Orleans for the #SBC12.  Carter wanted to take a picture of our feet outside the restaurant.  He's becoming quite the little photographer!  I love that he's already interested in taking pictures.  
Earlier this week, we spent an afternoon at the lake with our friends, the Baileys.  What a fun time we had riding in the boat, tubing on the water and eating watermelon til we couldn't take another bite.  Summertime brings about its own challenges with four little people, but I have loved the freedom we've had this summer to sleep in, stay up late, watch television, play outside, spend time with friends and just enjoy being together.  Thankfully, we still have another whole month to enjoy before they head back to school!  

No comments: