Sunday, June 24, 2012

#SBC12

Last week our family got to experience history in the making. Sunday after naps, we loaded up our Krewe and headed to big easy, one of our most favorite places ever. I think I've mentioned that before. The Southern Baptist Convention was held in New Orleans this year. As far as history goes, the first African American president was voted, Dr.Fred Luter. David I attended his church our very first Sunday upon moving to NOLA in 2003. Also voted on at this convention was an addition to the name, SBC. The addition being Great Commission Baptists. I don't involve myself too much in the polity of the convention, but I loved being there in the midst of two historical events. Now, about our time in the big easy!


After quickly catching a ride on the hotel cart, I mean checking into our hotel room, we headed over to the convention center, where the Southern Baptist Convention was being held.


However, my husband likes to fly by the seat of his pants. I love this about him. Most of the time. On our way to the SBC we just couldn't pass up this place. So we promptly stopped for supper! It was awesome. I had a shrimp po' boy with my name all over it!


The convention lasted until Wednesday. The girls were in childcare for the entire time, and Carter got to attend a mini camp. It didn't begin until Tuesday though, so he got to experience part of the convention with us. I took this picture of him while we were at a luncheon for NAMB, North American Mission Board. Carter really had no idea of all that was going on around him, but he was a really good sport and got to hear some really amazing pastors speak, including our friend David Platt. Awesome.


Tuesday during lunch, I attended the lunch for Pastor's wives. It was a sweet time of fellowship with some dear friends from seminary. I am so sad I didn't take time to get a picture. At one of the women's events, I was also able to hear Pam Tebow speak, and she was completely charming and adorable! David took Carter out to lunch, just the boys, while I was at the pastor's wives events. What a good daddy!


One night while we were in NOLA, we went out to eat with our dear friend, Guy. He and Lindsey were our neighbors at seminary, and then he and David did a one year internship together at First Baptist Atlanta. We ate at New Orleans Food & Spirits, one of our favorites. Carter took the above picture of Story and me while we were waiting on our table.
Our time in New Orleans was wonderful. I loved being in a city so special to David and me with our family. I loved seeing so many sweet friends from college, seminary, and FUGE. My heart was truly full when we left.
-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: