Monday, November 05, 2012

What's on my nightstand lately.

 I haven't blogged about what I've been reading in a while, so I thought it was time!  I read as often as I'm able to, but lately I've just been reading one book, the Book.  I'm on day 76 of the read through the Bible in 90 days, so I have not had much time to read other things, and that's been fine.  I've enjoyed focusing on just one thing right now.  

Just as summertime was ending, I picked up and read this book.  It's a true story, which I don't usually read, but it came recommended by some of my friends at the gym, so I picked it up.  It was a great and easy read.  I am a sucker for a love story, and this book had it all.  Love.  Friendship.  Betrayal.  Hurt.  Redemption.  I loved it! 
Here she is.  This book has dominated my time over the last 76 days, and I cannot think of a better book to spend so much time reading.  This is my second time to go through the Bible in 90 days.  This time, I opted for the Chronological read through, and I've really loved it.  The flipping back and forth got a little crazy, so I downloaded this Bible onto my Kindle and decided to read it that way.  Much easier.  I really enjoyed reading the Psalms along with the life of King David, and I loved reading through the gospels of the life of Christ.  I'm in the middle of Acts now, and it's easily one of my favorite books of the New Testament.  Don't worry, I already have a couple of reads picked out for when I finish.  
A group of ladies in our church is getting together and doing a book club where we will read and meet once a month to discuss.  We are reading this book, and I'm definitely intrigued.  It's already downloaded on my Kindle, and I look forward to learning more about trafficking that seems to be more and more prevalent in many towns.  
When I found out Angie Smith had written and published a new book, I picked up a copy for myself and one for a friend.  I loved her last book, so I am sure this one will be a great read as well.  I love the truth that God can take us, messed and broken as we are and lovingly put us back together and make us whole.  He's good like that.  I'd love to hear what you're reading these days.  I am always looking for a new book to read. One of my favorite times to read these days is at the gym on the treadmill.  I love killing two birds with one stone, ha! I also love to read at night just before bed.  Occasionally, I am able to read at nap time, but not always.  I have the Kindle app on my phone, so my books are always with me.  When life is busy, it's nice to find a moment or two throughout the day to read a bit.  

No comments: