Monday, March 04, 2013

Disney 2013, Animal Kingdom.

Wednesday was one of my favorite days of the entire week.  We spent the day at Animal Kingdom and just loved it.  I don't believe it was necessarily the park that made the day so great, I think we just figured it all out and got in a groove.  The day felt more relaxed than some of the others, and we just had a fun day together.  Upon arriving at Animal Kingdom, we ran to the African Safari, and I'm so thankful we did.  We hardly had to wait at all, and the rest of the day we just enjoyed the park and the rides.  
 All of the group pictures you see are from our Photo Pass.  One thing I didn't mention in an earlier post is that if you have the photo pass plus, it includes all pictures taken on rides, too.  I really wish we had done that because our Summer girl has the BEST ride faces.  Ever.  You'll see later in this post.  I snapped a picture of one with my cell phone.  So funny!
The Tree of Life.  
 The next few pictures are from our African Safari.  I loved this.  It reminded me of my days of teaching at the Heiskell School.  In the third grade, each child does a major project on an African animal.  It's one of my favorite things we did!  I saw so many of the animals my students wrote about.  
 Love the baby elephant!
 Flamingos.  
 Summer.  
 Can you guess what snack we enjoyed again on this day?
 Mickey Mouse ice cream bars!  So yummy!
 We were super close to the giraffes.  

Just clowning around.  
 My little buddy.  
 Tilly was all smiles on our train ride.  
 There are two really great shows at Animal Kingdom, The Lion King and Nemo, the Musical.  We loved them both!  
 And the parade was a big hit.  We were able to enjoy seeing lots of characters.  
 Rafiki.  
 We love Minnie!
 Tilly playing while we took turns riding our favorite, favorite ride of maybe all parks.  Everest.  
David took this picture, so awesome.  Carter and Summer are on the fourth row.  I'm just behind them with a stranger.  We rode Everest over and over and over again!.  
 It was one of their absolute favorites!
 These two rode it at least six times.  Finally after about number three, David turned it over to me, ha!
One of my favorite pictures of our entire week.  Love this!  Tilly loved the ride, but she was not a fan of the Yeti inside the mountain!  Look at Summer's face.  I promise there were so many great shots of her on every ride.  So fun!  We loved our day at Animal Kingdom.  Next up, a post about our dining meals, and then my Disney posts are done for this year, kind of sad!

No comments: