Friday, March 08, 2013

Basketball, beignets, and the Big Easy

The end of February and the start of March have been a blur!  
Carter and Summer played in their last basketball games of the season.  They both played hard, and we are so very proud of them.  At the last game, the mascot showed up, and I am so thankful I was able to snap a picture of Summer with her favorite friend from this season.  Summer and C were the only two girls on their team, so they really hit it off!  
The same day that we ended our Upward season, our party of six found ourselves with no plans for the day, so we hit the road to one of our favorite places in all the land.  The Big Easy.  
We ate lunch at this yummy place.  David and I have tried to eat there many times in the past, and the line has always been much too long.  It did not disappoint.  I wish I had taken a picture of my plate.  My egg white and spinach omelette was almost too pretty to eat!  
We walked through Jackson Square to burn off some lunch, so we would have room for the main thing.  
My children are too precious and funny.  They totally give into my love of taking pictures and ask me to take their picture in lots of places.  Love this one of sweet Tilly.  
Ha!  Carter caught the attention of many onlookers while posing with the nutcracker!  So cute!
My sweet Summer girl.  
Tilly and Daddy.  Can you guess where we are?  
Just the boys!  
The main thing!  We enjoyed our beignets from Cafe Du Monde, as always.  The quarter was pretty crowded with spring breakers, and it was super chilly and windy, so after checking out the Mighty Mississippi, we hit the road back to Hattiesburg.  
Love this picture of the girls in their dresses Gigi got them for Disney.  
Monday night was the Upwards awards ceremony, and this guy was the entertainment.  He was also our entertainment over Thanksgiving just before the Dixie Stampede!  How neat!  
And speaking of the Big Easy, David got to hear this man preach at William Carey just last week.  Dr. Fred Luter, the new president of the Southern Baptist Convention, was in town from New Orleans. His was the very first sermon David and I heard when we moved to New Orleans in the Fall of 2003 at Franklin Avenue Baptist Church with our friend James Tealy.  It's neat how life comes full circle.  
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: