Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Hey batter, batter!

Carter has been wanting to play baseball for a long time now.  For the last couple of years, he has talked of little else in regards to sports.  We somehow missed the whole t-ball phase.  I guess that had something to do with four littles in four years.  I don't know, ha! By the time we halfway caught our breath, he was all ready for Coach pitch ball, so here we are!  Last February we missed the sign ups for spring ball because we were in WDW, totally worth it, but we felt terrible!  We were bound and determined not to miss fall ball sign ups.  
The Tuesday after Labor Day, Carter had his very first practice.  
Sadly due to a meeting, David couldn't be there, but the girls and I were all there to cheer on our favorite baller.  They are still practicing their cheers from the summertime, so cute!
Twins team huddle on the pitcher's mound after their first (and only) practice.  
Thursday night we headed to Purvis for his first game ever.  For his first at bat, he got a base hit!  We were sooo excited.  My favorite was after he got to the base, he looked over at us and waved.  Precious.  
These last few pictures, I took with my real camera.  The other ones were with my iPhone, which I tend to use most of the time these days, ha!  Carter and Daddy warming up before the big game.  
I'm pretty sure she is his #1 fan.  She loves him so.  The other night he was horsing around in his room and got a big splinter in his foot.  David and I had to cut it out of his heel.  Summer sat on the bed with Carter and rubbed his arm and patted his head the entire time.  So sweet!
Carter spent time in left and right field during the game.  While he was playing left field a ball was hit to the outfield, he grounded the ball, threw it to second base and made an out!  It was awesome!  
How cute is he in the on-deck circle!  He looked so sweet in his baseball uniform and had so much fun during his game.  David and I were so very proud of him!  Great job, buddy!  We love you so much!

No comments: