Thursday, September 12, 2013

Play me a song!

We have a piano man in our house!  Carter started piano lessons on Wednesday afternoon at our church.  For a while, we have been toying around with when to start, and after seeking wisdom of several musically inclined folks, we decided to wait until this year.  He was so excited!  Yesterday morning before I took him to school, he told me: Now, Momma, you're going to have to clean off the piano, so I can practice!  Sadly, the top of our piano has become a catch all for stuff at our house.  
Miss Patience is his teacher, and according to David she is more than appropriately named!  
Tonight when we came home from church, Carter wanted to play the three songs that he is learning for us.  He did such a great job!  
David filmed this little video this afternoon of Carter playing at the end of his first lesson.  I am so excited about introducing Carter to the piano.  I took for 7 years when I was growing up, and I desperately wish that I had stuck with it.  I hope this is something that Carter enjoys.  In the meantime, we are just going to enjoy watching him learn and listening to him play.  

No comments: