Friday, September 20, 2013

Little bobcats!

Towards the end of the summertime, our oldest two girls participated in cheerleading camp at our school.  Summer and Tilly LOVED it.  There's a whole post on it somewhere around here.  Since then, we have been practicing our cheers and looking forward to school and spirit days.  
I had a major #momfail a couple of weeks ago and didn't fully read the email and paper that came home about the first spirit day at school.  We have been looking forward to spirit days all summer long.  Shame.  I assumed that it would be on Friday like all of them are, but noooo, the first one was on a Thursday.  I spent the next week trying to make up for my mistake.  And fix it, I did.  Thanks to some super sweet and generous friends, I was able to find the girls all PCS cheer uniforms.  They were so excited.  Now, we just have to locate a jersey for Carter.  Thankfully, he doesn't seem too worried about it.  
This particular successful spirit day, I was subbing at the school, which was so much fun because not only was I able to experience the day with the children, but I was also able to capture some of the moments on camera.  Tilly with her BFF.  
Tilly's teacher, Mrs. M, painting up all the boys and girls in preparation for the big pep rally.  
Tilly's cute little Kindergarten class at PCS.  
Summer's class got to come out after finishing their morning work to get painted up, too.  
And as if that weren't enough fun for one day, that evening, Summer and Tilly got to participate in the Bobcat walk with the real cheerleaders. They were so cute and so excited!  Tilly was a little unsure at first, but Summer was ALL in.  So sweet!
You see my girls?  
Story looks like some 80s cheerleader with her side ponytail and neon bracelets.  Side note.  She only wants a side ponytail, so don't even think of putting one in the back.  David.  Bless him.  Had to do her hair one day last week.  I love that he even brushed it and put it in a ponytail.  Story told him (insert sassy Story voice), "Daddy, that is not how mommy does it!" I asked him if he put the ponytail on the side to which he replied, "no!"  I gave him a knowing smile.  
At the beginning of the second quarter, my sweet girls cheered on the sidelines of the big game with the real cheerleaders.  It was so precious to watch.  When my sister and I were little, our mom was the cheerleading sponsor at SHS, so we have many fond memories of cheering on Friday nights with the older girls.  So special for a little one.  
Summer and one of her sweet friends, C.  
And here's a video because I know you're just dying to see these sweet girls in action.  Great job, Summer and Tilly!  We are so proud of you!  There is another spirit day today, camo day.  I am sure I will have pictures to share!  

No comments: