Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Kindergarten Graduation

I want to remember so many things about our move.  One thing, I never want to forget is the resilience of this girl. Our Tilly girl.  
 I remember when I found out we would be moving to Arkansas, and I knew there wouldn't be a T-One for Tilly, I worried, oh how I worried.  And prayed.  And sought wisdom from godly women.  And worried and prayed some more.  Ultimately, I told her current T-One teacher (kind of tongue in cheek, but not really) that Tilly was going to have to go back down to Kindergarten when we moved and that she (Mrs. Pittman) was going to have to be the one to tell her! Ha! Mrs. Pittman (you just have to know her) is a master teacher, and wise, so wise.  I am so thankful that three of ours were able to sit under her teaching.  Mrs. Pittman texted me one day after I had left school and said: Well, Tilly and I just prayed about what grade she needs to go to at her new school, kindergarten or first grade.  I prayed, and then she prayed.  We both agree that God is telling her to go to Kindergarten.  Then she skipped out of the room and headed to the playground a happy little girl.  
 And that was the end of it for the most part.  It was awkward a few times when we moved and Tilly would feel the need to tell people that she was in kindergarten again.  I gently told her that she didn't have to say all of that because she was exactly where God wanted her to be.  Tilly has thrived since our move, and we could not be more proud of the way she has handled herself in this regard.  
 So, when we found out that Arkansas Baptist was going to have a kindergarten graduation, the first one in a long time, I worried again.  What about Tilly? How would she feel? We've already graduated from Kindergarten.  Once.  So, we asked her what she wanted to do, and she decided that she wanted to graduate with her friends.  
 And that's just what she did! 
 And in true Tilly fashion, she sang her little heart out and stole the show! 
 We are so thankful for Mrs. Slayton, Tilly's teacher! She has loved her and our family so well during this transition time also.  She recognized right away Tilly's aptitude and proceeded to challenge her and meet her where she was, and we could not be more thankful for this special lady if we tried! 
 We are so thankful that Gigi got to be at Tilly's graduation, her first Kindergarten graduation for our family.  It was so special to have her there! 
 Our party of six.  Want me to caption for you? David, bless his heart, he doesn't realize how gray his hair is! Summer, please hurry up and take the picture.  Tilly, that kid better not eat my cookie! Story, are you kidding me? Another family picture! Carter, I'm trying to be obedient, Mom, and I feel the pressure from your hand on my shoulder giving me warning! Me: Let's get out of here and go eat supper! 
 Tilly and one of her favorite friends with her tulips from Gigi, which she is still talking about! It's amazing the things that make the biggest impact! 
We went to Dixie Cafe afterwards to celebrate another O'Dell family milestone! 

No comments: