Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Pink Pig


One thing I love about the hoildays is traditions! When I was a little girl, my mom took my sister and me to Lenox Mall to ride the pink pig during the holiday season. The pink pig has been around in Atlanta since 1953. Today, (thanks to my mom) I was able to pass along that tradition to my little ones, well two of them anyway. Tilly was too small to ride and I forgot my baby Bjorn to hold her! So, Carter, Summer, David, David's mom (Gigi), and I rode on the pink pig! It was so much fun! David's dad (Papa) sat with baby Tilly while we rode. This was not special because it was the grandest ride out there, but it is a tradition famous in Atlanta and special to my family. It was so neat for me to be able to experience the pink pig with my little ones! Thank you, T, for the ride and for instilling in me a love for traditions!

2 comments:

Garretts said...

how neat! what a fun tradition this will continue to be for your little ones. have a blessed thanksgiving...we have so much to be thankful for. take care!

Unknown said...

how fun! that is such a neat story and tradition!