Monday, June 15, 2009

O'Dell/Calhoun Beach Vacation 2009

Last week, our party of five joined Papa, Gigi, Cory and Cari (aka Juie) for a week long vacation at the beach! We stayed in this awesome house at Grayton Beach, which is in between Santa Rosa Beach and Destin, but much closer to Santa Rosa. It was so wonderful to get away and we had a wonderful time with our family! Thank you, Papa and Gigi, for a great vacation! Every day was an adventure, so I would like to recap the week for memory sake. We all arrived on Saturday, June 6 within an hour of each other. David and I were definitely spoiled with the master's suite downstairs. I wish I would have taken pictures of the house - it was gorgeous! Carter calls it the blue house. Saturday night everyone, except little Tilly and me, went to Baytown Wharf, a really neat village with lots of shops and restaurants. Carter and Summer had so much fun feeding the fish!




The second day, Sunday, we all went to the beach! The children had so much fun playing in the sand. Summer took a tumble into the ocean, so it took her about a day to want to get back into the water. She kept saying, "No water!" It was pitiful! That night we had a double birthday party for Carter and Summer with a luau theme! Carter's birthday was May 27 and Summer's will be July 17, but we rarely get to celebrate birthdays with David's family. We grilled hamburgers, ate cake, and opened presents! Happy birthday, Carter and Summer!


Tilly with her first bite of icing! Why wait til she is one?!


My sweet Summer was lovin' the icing!


These are her jellies she got from Juie and Cory!
Carter opening his piggy bank from Aunt Karen, his favorite gift by far! All week he was asking everyone for money for his piggy!
Summer blowing out the birthday candles!

Monday and Tuesday we spent lots of time at the pool and at the beach. Monday night we ordered pizza from this really fancy place - it was delicious! I can't remember the name of it though. Tuesday night David and I went on a date to Baytown Wharf. We ate at Acme Oyster House, which originates in New Orleans, so we felt like home! Wednesday afternoon, Cari's sweet friend, Lindsey, also on vacation came to take our family pictures. I can't wait to see how they turn out. She has taken pictures of the children before, but this time we got the whole family! Our back-up photographer, Daddy, did a stellar job himself! I think we will keep him!





Thursday, after more pool and beach, we went to eat supper at Back Porch! It is one of our favorite places to eat in Destin. David and I ate there on our honeymoon, so it is extra special for us! While we were there, Carter kept pointing to the waiters and asking if they were Jesus! A lot of them had longer brown hair and beards!

Friday, was our last day to play at the pool and go to the beach. For supper that night, we picked up fresh shrimp and crab legs and had a feast! It was delicious! Here are some pictures from our last day at the pool!



Everyone left on Saturday and we all made it home safely! David and I were even able to unpack everything and put it away and give everyone baths! This is a busy week for us because tonight starts VBS! I have a few last pictures that I could resist posting. Saturday night once everyone was in bed, or so we thought, this is what I found. . .






Summer had gotten into my mascara and had it all over her and the bed! What a great ending to the perfect week! Ha!

4 comments:

Garretts said...

I enjoyed the pictures on FB, but nothing beats hearing all the details of the trip. Sounds like it was a good one. Glad you had fun!

Unknown said...

i hope to have some of your beach family pics up on my blog this evening or tomorrow! :) it was great seeing you all!

The Martin Family said...

What precious memories you've made....The Back Porch is a family favorite of ours too and we also ate there on our honeymoon! Chris says he has a suprise for us at the end of the summer, and I'm thinking it is a trip to the beach!

Mary Katherine said...

I love the pictures and the jellies! I remember wearing those, so fun- sounds like you had a wonderful time- thanks for sharing- much love