Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend at the Holland's and Zoie's Birthday

This past weekend, our party of five hit the road, 85 North, that is for a little getaway! My niece, Zoie, was celebrating her fourth birthday, and we were just looking for an excuse to bust out of town for a few days, so we did! Friday, David and Tilly picked the rest of us up from school and we hit the ground running, but not too fast because traffic was terrible! A couple of hours later, we safely reached our destination, Shelter Cove! It was such a fun, relaxing weekend. That night, Scott and Noelle cooked a mean quail supper. I have never seen two grown men eat so many birds in my life. Good thing I didn't want any myself! Saturday was the big party day. Zoie's fourth birthday party was at Zanzo's Italian Restaurant in Clarkesville, Georgia. She and her closest buddies got to go into the kitchen and make their own pizzas; it was crazy chaos and so much fun! My little people had to much fun. Even little Miss Tilly got to put her hands in the dough. Saturday night Scott and Noelle hosted a Sunday School social. It was so nice to meet their friends and to fellowship around food and football. What can be better than that? Well, a dawg win would have made the evening a little more pleasant. I mean is the season over yet? Whew, it's been a long one! Sunday we headed back to the ATL. On the way home we stopped for lunch at Papadeaux's in honor of our love for NOLA. It was delicious! Sunday night was our Thanksgiving supper at church. What a great ending to a wonderful weekend. We have a busy two days before we head South for the holidays to be with Mama. David is hoping to have his first official kill of the season. I'm praying it will happen the first hunt otherwise, it's going to be a long week! Enjoy the slide show of our weekend at the Holland's. Thanks, Scott, Noelle, Haleigh and Zoie for hosting our family!


1 comment:

Carrie said...

That looks so fun! I saw my sister and nephew in some of those pictures! Did you meet them? (Stacey and Hayden). I met Noelle and the girls a few weeks ago while Jack was in Ethiopia and I was up in Clarkesville. Glad you guys got a weekend away!