Monday, February 15, 2010

So I don't forget!

My brain is feeble these days. I think it's the baby brain! Honestly, my short term memory is greatly lacking, practically gone, in fact. So. . .there are important things I want to remember, especially things that my children say and do, hence, the main purpose for my blog - to remember! Carter, Summer, and I spend A LOT of time in the car together going to and from school. Most days, I treasure this time. Carter and Summer are BEST buds; they love each other so much. Currently, they share a room, and we are determined to make that work, well, until it is inappropriate! A couple of sweet conversations have occurred between these two lately that I want to document, so that I never forget.

Carter: Summer, you're my best friend, right?
Summer: I love you, Carter! (except, she does not say her Cs correctly, so it comes out Tarter)

On our way to school one morning, we were having a conversation about Jonah and how he did not obey God immediately. (We are teaching first time obedience at home and school.)
This was Carter's response:
Carter: Mommy, we don't tell God "no." We say, "Yes, sir!" (I couldn't have said it better myself!)

Carter: Summer, we love God, right?
Summer: Uh-huh
Carter: Summer, we love Jesus too because when He got big He died on the cross and now He lives in our hearts.

Carter: Mommy, I love you so really much!

Daddy: Summer, who is that on the chair in your classroom?
Summer: Ernie.
Daddy: What's his friend's name?
Summer: Burp

(Summer has really gone through a dress phase. She wants to wear one everyday, and most days we accommodate her, but this day it was cold and raining, so we dressed her in pants! She was NOT happy!)
Summer: Daddy, you make me so sad that you didn't let me wear a dress today!

Our church had a breakfast a few weeks ago for any and everybody. Sadly, Tilly and I missed out because she was not feeling well. David took Carter and Summer, so I am getting this conversation secondhand.
Carter: Summer, if you want some jelly for your biscuit, just text me!
Summer: Okay! (or Otay as she says it!)

Tilly is talking lots these days too. I don't want to leave her out, so here are some of her favorite words (take note of who I mentioned first! It's my blog, so it's okay if I want to make myself her favorite, right?): Mommy, Daddy, puppy, Carter, Tilly, (she refuses to say Summer - not sure what I think about that), cookie, cracker, Go (this is George), water, please, thank you, love you (which comes out MUAH - blowing a kiss), bye bye, touchdown (this is what we say when we are taking off our clothes), T, Gigi, Papa, Mama, and she is starting to repeat most words we say as well. I guess this comes along with having an older brother and an older sister. She is quite verbal and has no problem expressing her feelings! I am sure there will be many more postings of the funny things these children of mine say and do!

No comments: