Thursday, August 27, 2009

It Won't Be Long Now

As long as I can remember, I have been a bulldawg. Growing up, my parents had season tickets between the hedges. We even have a Christmas card picture from the 1980s where my sister and I are posing with the infamous Hairy Dawg. On my refrigerator at home is a picture of me before I was even two in a onesie reading, "I'm a little bulldawg." (Side note, there is a picture of my husband about the same age, standing on very similar tiles in the kitchen, wearing a very similar shirt reading "I'm a little razorback." It could be worse, you know - I'm pretty sure we were meant to be together!) I applied to one college during my senior year of high school and I received my acceptance letter on December 6, 1995. I remember like it was yesterday sitting in my 1986 Cutlass Sierra Oldsmobile, weeping and praising God! I remember going to Freshman Orientation and being taught to call the dawgs on the stairs of the Tate Student Center, as if I didn't know how already! I remember driving down our long driveway in my Georgia Red Geo Tracker with my mom visible in the rear view mirror both of us crying like babies. I remember my first game as a student. There is nothing like walking into that glorious place we call Sanford Stadium between the hedges, hearing the shouts of the fans, and watching the dawgs do their thing. Now, that I am a wife and a proud mommy of 3, I get excited to share my love for the dawgs with my family. My sweet husband has become a true fan having experienced a few Saturdays between the hedges himself! Carter and Summer can call the dawgs with the best of them! Needless to say, we are counting down the days at our house when we get to see those silver britches run out on the field and hear the words "Goooo Dawgs! Sic 'em! Woof! Woof! Woof! Woof!" echo through the stands. It won't be long now. Until then, I have a little something to help the time pass.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

hi heather! you have a beautiful family. how do you know jodi? love her. thanks for stopping by!!

Becky said...

Heather...I have a similar love for the dawgs...I also only applied to one college and got my acceptance on December 7, 1996! I've taught my little ones how to call the dawgs...how cute are little ones doing the call!? You look like you have such a sweet little family!